SEGRO Slough Trading Estate
SEGRO have recently celebrated their centenary, with their journey beginning in 1920 with the formation of the Slough Trading Company to run a 243-hectare, First World War vehicle repair depot on the Bath Road. Now a FTSE 100 property company, owning or managing 7.8 million square metres of space across nine countries in Europe, SEGRO Slough Trading Estate is generously supporting Slough Museum to store and display our Collection.
The Collection covers a period of around 10,000 years – from woolly mammoths to the present day and charts the development of the town of Slough, its public, social and domestic life, developments in science, technology, agriculture and industry and the impact of these on the town in the past, present and the future.
Since collecting began in 1985, Slough Museum has acquired around 3,500 objects and documents (consisting of prints, paintings, drawings; maps; numismatics; documents; decorative art; costume; geology; archaeology; occupational tools and equipment; Slough-made products & packaging; toys and other juvenilia) and 7,500 photographs. The Museum also holds approx. 32,000 negative packets and strips from Slough Observer newspaper and a small quantity of oral history recordings, video tapes and film reels.