Discover Slough’s stories, explore our collections and take part in activities and events.
Most of the objects in the handling collection are from the museum’s collections and each box comes with information about the objects. All the themes below have downloadable resources including a teachers’ booklet with background information and activities, photo cards for classroom use and PowerPoints. These have been developed in partnership with schools in Slough.
Download the booking form to book a handling collection loan box.
Half-term: £50 for one box, £85 for two loan boxes, £125 for three boxes or £150 for four boxes.
We offer talks and workshops at the museum or at your venue. We have the following themes and each workshop is run by our team of volunteers. There is a small charge to cover volunteer expenses.
- Victorian Slough – handling collection boxes and photo books
- Industrial Slough – handling collection boxes and photo books
- First World War – handling collection box
- Second World War – handling collection box and photo books
- Modern Slough – handling collection box of Slough in the 1950s and 1960s and Slough today.
- Photo books for reminiscence and storytelling are also on different areas of Slough.
Telephone: 01753 526422